Sinister: Last night's ink polaroid

Nick_Dastoor.BSHO at xxx.com Nick_Dastoor.BSHO at xxx.com
Tue Nov 25 13:52:15 GMT 1997

  A street-lit rush hour scene. Probably taken from the upstairs window of
  one the the seedy shops and take outs that line the the top end of Mare
  St.  Your eyes are drawn to the double-decker bus on the far side of the
  road.  Although the traffic lights ahead are green, it's clear that the
  bus is stationary.  You can tell this partly because it's so closely
  bunched behind the car in front, and partly because it's in such sharp
  focus compared with the vehicles further on.  It looks like it's going to
  miss the lights too because there's a car emerging from a side road about
  thirty yards on which will hold things up.  Because of the vantage point
  from which the shot was taken, and because it's evening, you can see the
  scene inside the bus quite clearly, especially the top deck. It's quite
  empty.  There are five kids at the back, one of them standing up, hanging
  on to a rail and leaning over the others, looking up at the roof with his
  mouth open. Looks like they might be quite rowdy.  At the very front,
  sitting right above the driver, there's a boy in a suit.  If the polaroid
  had been taken a few seconds earlier you might have seen the boy biting
  his lips and looking anxiously at his watch, or straining his neck to
  catch the cause of the delay.  But that was before he spotted a shopfront
  just about visble in the top right of the picture.  That's why he's got a
  broad grin on his face instead.  The sign reads "B&S Support Services".

  It proved to be a good omen, because I got home in time for the radio
  session after all.  I'll try not to cut it so fine tonight.

  Nick Dastoor
  nick_dastoor.bsho at notes.compuserve.com