Sinister: Tonight, Matthew, I will be Chris Geddes....

stephen troussé poetryplace2 at xxx.uk
Wed Nov 26 10:26:55 GMT 1997

Oh dear, I've just read the lyrics someone typed up to 'Seymour Stein' and
I am crushed. One of my most dearly-held delusions was that the line after
'North of Scotland has these things' was 'but only Harold and Maude see',
thus extending the B&S frame of reference to include a classic film of
morbid adolescence. It turns out its something about a limousine....

I was talking to my musician friend Simon the other day. Turns out that
he's decided to play in a Smiths tribute band ('The Smythes'!) because, and
I quote, 'you can't make money playing your own songs anymore'. This got me
thinking. Considering all the posts from people who've seen bands playing
B&S material, how long can it be before the group have their very own
tribute band? It'd be great! Stuart could send them out to do all the nasty
promo work (talking to the NME, going on Later with Jools) the band can't
be bothered with. And they'd be able to play at times when the real band
are tied up with church bazaars, roller discos, exams etc. But what would
they be called? 'The Cock Fun Mob' is a cracking suggestion, but I'm sure
Peter already has it copyrighted... The Dogs on Wheels? The Lazy Line
Painters? Mad Murdoch and his Middle-Distance Runners?

I'll shut up now.

Stephen