Sinister: Falling over Seymour Stein

Nick Dastoor/BSHO/GB Nick_Dastoor/BSHO/GB%BSHO at notesgw.compuserve.com
Wed Nov 26 13:34:24 GMT 1997

I'm sure that this has been mentiioned on the list before I joined the fun, but
others may be interested to read about the events that (I assume) were the
inspiration for Belle & Sebastian's fantastic paean to the Sire records
supremo.  The report is from the Glasgow Herald of 6/12/96.

CONSIDERING that they're two regular blokes from Falkirk, Arab Strap have
quickly made a lasting impression on the hipper epicentres of the music
industry. Or more accurately they've made a series of lasting impressions, some
of them physical.
For instance, after the duo's first public performance in August, supporting
Belle And Sebastian in Glasgow, Aidan Moffat left the stage in a drunken stupor
and fell heavily over Seymour Stein, the recordbiz legend who discovered
Talking Heads, Blondie, Madonna, and the Ramones.
Stein was sitting on the venue's floor, having jetted in from New York to see
the show's headliners. Despite his Strap-inflicted contusions, however, Stein
remained sufficiently impressed to press his phone number upon them.

Nick Dastoor