Sinister: turkey day and books

Laurel Girvan lgirva13 at xxx.edu
Wed Nov 26 17:57:09 GMT 1997

thanks to whoever wished us u.s. kids happy thanksgiving.  what's the next
national holiday in the uk?  boxing day or something, i'm sure.

anyway, i have another book recommendation.  i think i already told some
one on the list how great this book was but i'll say it to all of you.
the book is called the virgin suicides, by jeff eugenides (this time i
remembered the author!).  i realize it's not strictly b&s related but i
think this book has the same feel as b&s tunes.  it's completely timeless,
but still manages to be perfectly evocative of a certain time and place.
it's been out since 1992, so i hope you all can find it somewhere.

cheerio (my linguistics prof wants us to find him some good
british/american english comparisons.  if you'd like to contribute a
favorite word or phrase, feel free.)

laurel