Sinister: Arab Strap/I've shhtarted sho I'll finishhhh, pal!

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Thu Nov 27 11:27:01 GMT 1997

On Thu, 27 Nov 1997 09:55:10 GMT, Sarah Wheeler wrote:

>Well hello there

Hello

>Just to back-step slightly re: claims to fame........I snogged Aidan Moffat
>(Arab Strap) about 7 years ago......well it was New Year at Falkirk
>steeple...and it's probably not a claim to fame anyway, as pretty much all
>my Falkirk mates have done too!!

You do realise that's going to give me tortured visions for the rest
of the day.  I like to think of Arab Strap as Belle and Sebastian's
evil cousins, B&S in the choir and Arab Strap drinking hooch, farting
in assembly and lobbing half-bricks at hapless motorists...snogging
them is something I'd prefer not to think about.

>Oh well, I have got Magnus Magnusson's autograph! Does that count?

My father saw Magnus Magnusson staggering blind drunk through Glasgow
Central Station many years ago.  He didn't ask for his autograph.

Does anyone else like the new Adventures in Stereo single?  Poor Jim
Beattie (or Jam Buttie as some wags used to call him), all those
wonderful melodies running round his head, and he's never got as
popular as Bobby Gillespie.

Incidentally is anyone going to see Arab Strap at Manchester Roadhouse
on Monday?  If you see a short 'strawberry blond' boy there, say
hello, it's probably me.  Sorry, I can't quite bring myself to
describe my hair as 'ginger'.  My sister was teaching her class of 5
year olds about hair colour, and this one kid said his hair was
'sparkly orange'.  I like that.  In Romania they say 'the red man is a
bad man'.  You know it.  I'm bad.

Love and kisses
Sparkly Orange of Chorlton