Sinister: hi ci ya!- hold tight!! (minimal BSC)

Cairns ics6jdc at xxx.UK
Thu Nov 27 13:19:34 GMT 1997

So, on Tuesday, we set off for London.
Y'see, there's a school of thought predominant round these parts that
says, "Fuck it. You're young, but you can still get served. The
government and banks are giving you money, why not rack up debts on
ridiculous Pop adventures?". Bloody students, I know.
So we'd blagged tickets to go see TOTP being filmed, and given up the
drink for a while to save for the fare to King's Cross, and - this is
the best part- it wasn't just any old episode, it was the Spice Girls
Xmas bonanza. The Croydon massive in the queue questionned the sanity
of our six hour round trip, but we, merry on anticipation and Metz,
shouted stupid things about youth, Simon Price, and Tony Dorty.
(That last bit was a lie, but sounded quite cool, no?)
Anyway, this is getting very long, so I'll skip the bits about hot
lights, metal detectors, and standing about for hours, and rave about
how tiny the Famous Five are, how Sporty is easily the coolest, how
petite Geri is, and how Posh is a bit tarty.
We don't know when it'll be on telly, but look out for Jenny in her
skatewear in the front row during 'Spice Up Yr Life', and myself
dancing a bit sheepishly in big flares and bad trainers.
As claims to fame go, standing right next the most famous (and
charming/talented/gorgeous) girls-next-door isn't a bad one, so I'll
not apologise for bringing back long-dead topics.
On a more relevant tip, did anyone hear the Bernard Butler single on
the radio?- oh dear- and, seeing as Moffat and co. are big news round
these parts, wasn't there Breeze Block a joy to behold?

Joseph      xxx