Sinister: cheers from Barcelona

rafa pop rafa_pop at xxx.com
Thu Nov 27 13:56:23 GMT 1997

Hi ...my name is Rafa and I'm from Barcelona, Spain ..and I'm
totally..ummm..captured ?? fascinated ?? totally in love with the
Belle and Sebastian music .

This is the first time I write to the list ( I subscribed to it just one
week ago ).

I first heard B&S one year ago in the coolest spanish radio show, called
" Viaje a los Suenyos Polares " ( Journey to the Polar dreams )....and
since then they've become one of my favourite bands (together with the
rest of lovely scottish bands I adore, like Teenage Fanclub, The
Pastels, BMX Bandits, Eugenius, The Vaselines ...what's up with Scotland
?? something great ,sure ...)

Two months ago we were so lucky to see B&S playing a free show here in
Barcelona. The place was so appropiate for them, the front of an old
church in the Gothic part of Barcelona. Before B&S there was a trembling
concert by The Magnetic Fields (another unique band ), and then ...well
..the B&S show was totally ...I'm not skilled enough in english to
express what a unforgetable and .it was full of emotion.....the place
..and mainly..the MUSIC...all of the audience felt in love with the band
at that moment. It was a free show and ther was a lot of people in the
audience who had never heard about B&S but even them were in silence and
enjoying the show. It was REALLY ........pure emotion ..I could get the
tracklist and I saw some guys recording the show with a video camera and
since then I'm desperately looking for them all around the city to get a
copy ...From that day ,
a lot of people here in Barcelona love them.

My request is : any of you owns Tigermilk ?? I know it's totally
impossible to get a copy of it but if you are so lucky to own it
......would you be so kind to record it on a tape and send it to me ??
I would send you back something..I own If you're feeling of course ..and
also the threee singles but I need to hear Tigermilk :-)))

That's all ....thank you ...

Rafa ...

Email me please at the following adress ::

               e6735974 at est.eupvg.upc.es

Adios !!!!