Sinister: misc stuff, some b&s

Andrew.Dean at xxx.NET Andrew.Dean at xxx.NET
Thu Nov 27 15:58:13 GMT 1997

um, bits of everything:

the virgin suicides: i've read this as well, chosen from the
book club catalogue because i liked the cover but it turned
out to be rather good - all about the repurcussions on a
small town in america when one of a family of 5 oppressed
girls commits suicide as seen through the eyes of the
neighbourhood boys. was like a cross between 'stand by me'
and anything by anne tyler.

beatnik: they had a pile of these in dillons on trafalger
square the other dinnertime when i was in there. i knew it
sounded familiar but couldn't place where i'd heard of it
before. some old car on the cover or something?

international dating agency: bad idea. email is not the way
to conduct a relationship especially on days like today when
it's a public holiday over there and you know you aren't
going to hear from them tonight... or for the rest of the
weekend for that matter... sigh.

b&s session: um, having now heard lazy line without monica i
now see why people didn't like the real version. and last
night's 'sleep the clock around' was superb, nice to hear a
proper version (ie not live and mumbly). the lyrics are
finely crafted too, none of that sense of crowbarring them
into the song that i got with (some of the tracks on) the
last ep. has anyone had a stab at the lyrics yet, it's
probably the hardest to decipher thing they've done so far?
i have most of verses 1 ('and the moment will come') and 3
('in the morning') but verse 2 ('take a walk in the park')
is more gaps than actual song... i've also got almost all of
'modern rock song' if it's not been posted before... (yes it
has, it's in the tab section of the mailing list site)

thanks to andrea for offering tapes for everyone. i've done
it in the past but i had a bad experience and am reluctant
to start again - someone asked for a tape, not b&s but
that's not important. i told them to send me a tape etc and
they did. the tape was posted to me on the monday (this is
transatlantic postage we're talking here so it's going to
take about a week). on the wednesday i had email asking if i
had it yet. on the friday i had another asking if i had it
yet 'and why aren't you answering my emails' (because i'd
been out the office and i had nothing to tell). i did the
tape on the sunday morning and posted it back on the monday.
and that's it. never heard back from the person concerned,
no thankyou, no nothing. ungrateful cow. actually, thinking
about it, all the people i did b&s tapes for were great and
i still write to a couple of them...

and steve lamacq was worse than ever last night. i've
decided he must die...

yep, arab strap breeze block was good. can't remember a
single thing they played now though. oh, something from
'pod' by the breeders, some more stuff...

ok, have a good time those of you who'll be in london
tonight.

andy