Sinister: Beatnik Glory and dance music

PM - AU oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Thu Nov 27 20:19:02 GMT 1997

stephen troussé wrote:

> The indisputable Top Cat had a number of close friends who
> got to call him
> 'TC' (providing it was with dignity), but WHAT WAS THE
> NAME OF HIS BEATNIK
> PAL (you know, the one who wore a beret and shades)?
>
> Answers by next Monday, please.

What a fiendish lot you Poetry Society types are! I headed
straight for my copy of The Golden Age of Children's
Television by Geoff Tibbals, with foreword by Johnny Morris,
and there is a list of all the characters...but no
indication of which is which!!! Monday you say? That sets me
up for an interesting weekend of rumination. I know that the
violinist was called Laszlo Laszlo. Will that do?

Eeny meeny miney mo....

Peter

PS: Belle and Sebastian are part of an exciting promotion in my local
branch of Gong records. There's a big blow-up of the cover. If you buy a
copy you go into a draw to win all the other cds in the promotion (shit
ones) and B&S again.

I know that's not very interesting, but I feel it's my duty to keep you
all abreast of B&S developments in this pop backwater.

I think Duke was right about "dance" records. I would love to follow his
advice and get a pile of drum and bass records, but it's only used for
adverts here. I did see Roni Size and his chums' prize winning epic, but
I didn't have enough money at the time. Some bugger swiped it from under
my nose, so now I'm just biding my time, waiting to pounce. If you think
dance music is bad where you live, try the Spanish version, known
inexplicably as "cod", as in the fish. I wonder if anyone's going to
leap to its defence? Carlos? New boy Rafa? No?