Sinister: What do we want? Cock Fun! When do we want it? Now!

mahmed at xxx.uk mahmed at xxx.uk
Fri Nov 28 11:34:53 GMT 1997

stephen_troussée wrote:

> Doesn't look like anybody's reported back on the quiz last night, so I'll
> have a go.
>
> Last night at the John Snow pub, Team Cock Fun were cruelly robbed of pop
> quiz glory, missing out on first prize by one measly point. The team, which
> comprised David, Katrina, Susannah, Tag and Stephen, ruefully declared 'We
> wuz robbed! That was never Justine Frischmann!'

The popquiz was a good laugh and rounded off an enjoyable evening.
Our Team of 2 (ken ken sugoi hen) came 4th with 59.5 points.
We consoled ourselves that we were average. Not too stupid that
we are incapable of remembering anything. Also glad that we didn't win
as I would have been frightened by the amount of trivia stored
in my head.

I'm happy that:
1. I do not know where Catherine Wheel hail from
2. I confused Justin Frischmamm with Miles Hunt
3. I do not know what the bass player of Cast looks like
4. I do not know the release dates of all the Beatles studio output

I'm worried that:
1. I knew the peak chart position of 'Teenage Kicks'
2. I did not recognise a Nirvana song
3. I got a Frank and Walters question correct

I note that the winning team all worked in record shops in
Berwick Street. Not fair. We amateurs were up against professionals.
I suppose they are the same sort of people who are fluent in
Czech, but insist on signing up for a Czech for beginners course
in order to feel smug and superior and show off.

By the way, if the places were worked out as points per person;
then we would have won on 29.75 points per person. The next highest
would have been about 19 points/person. So our team won really.

Enough consolation. Can someone enlighten me on the connection
between b&s and Love's "Alone Again Or" please?

Many thanks to the organisers and Katrina for advertising it.

Mussadiq.