Sinister: slow graffiti lyrics

Andrew.Dean at xxx.NET Andrew.Dean at xxx.NET
Fri Nov 28 13:45:05 GMT 1997

yep, thoroughly bored this afternoon so:

slow graffiti
-------------

there's a portrait in a back room
which i keep for days upon
which i relent
and gaze for hours
on the muscle, skin and bone
of some imaginary friend.

so how about it?
show me please how i will look
in twenty years
let me please interpret history
in every line and scar
that's painted there in front of me

it doesn't matter what i'm thinking
what i tell myself to do
end of calling (<- this can't be right, surely)
i stay in to defrost the fridge
now the kid has gone to bed
feeling of dread
at least when she's around the trouble's there
it's worse to wake up with her
falling round the room

listen johnny, you're like a mother
to the girl you've fallen for
and you're still falling.
listen johnny, you're like a mother
to the girl you've fallen for
you're still falling
and if they come tonight
you roll up tight
you take whatever's coming to you now

do you think lamacq realises that you're meant to let one
record stop before starting the next or opening your mike
and prattling on about something that nobody really cares
about? and when do you think he ate his last square meal?
cos he looks like he'd snap if you looked at him too hard. i
don't have to listen to him again after last night, ha ha
ha.

and is this first instance of fridge defrosting in the
entire history of popular music?

um, andreas, surely you mean '*the* picture of dorian gray'?

8)

andy

the guardian today calls hutchence australia's most famous
rock star. what about nick cave? what about men without
hats? and how could they forget rolf?