Sinister: and don't the kids just love it?

Perfection As A Hipster Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Fri Nov 28 18:30:04 GMT 1997

Nigel Turner replied ...

>>Nope, I was referring to "A picture of Dorian Gray" by the * Television
>>Personalities *, available on the "... and don't the kids just love it"
>>album ... the loving kids know that they could have been bigger than the
>>Beatles ...
>
>They always were, in my heart.

I smiled all over until I read Robert's mail further below.

Same here, even though I grew up with the Beatles and still appreciate them
... remember the reference in "All my dreams are dead" ? Could have been
mine, "I must have cried for a week" ...

>>The rain it raineth on the just
>>
>>(Charles Baron Bowen)
>
>I'm familiar only with the Dog-Faced Hermans rendition.  Which song was
>that in now?

"The rain it raineth" ... available on the "Humans fly" LP, "Menschen
fliegen" LP or the Konkurrel reissue CD ... no recommendation for fellow
listees, though, far off from the B&S approch ...

Honestly, never heard of anyone hailing both bands ...

Robert McTaggart wrote ...

>Yes, yes, yes.  And now Dan Treacey is a heroin addict living on a
>park bench, apparently.  I could cry.

Oh shit. PLEASE don't tell me that this is the truth. I've heard rumours
about Dan being homeless ... but not heroin. First Epic Soundtracks and now
this ... isn't there any anthusiast in London who may be of help ??? I can't
believe this ... I've never felt more depressed ...

>Andreas, living in Hanover - do you know a girl called Pia Zaborowski?
>Mad and beautiful girl.  Obsessive Smiths fan.  My ex-.  Married with
>a daughter now.  Just wondered.

Nope ... you may know that Hannover is pretty dull ... "I live here for
seven weeks now and I don't know anyone" ... well, not really, but certainly
no Pia ...

>Sorry everyone else

I'm not. How can the British P!O!P! scene leave a pioneer such as Daniel
Treacy behind ???

If only I had the money for a flight to London ...

Spending the rest of the week listening to "The Painted Word" ...

Andreas

The rain it raineth on the just
And also on the unjust fella
But more upon the just because