No subject

Jamie Huxley jamie.huxley at xxx.uk
Sun Nov 30 15:54:59 GMT 1997

i am very grateful for the lengthy and detailed discussions upon "rock 'n'
roll" and its relative proximity to heaven.

however, i feel that certain  arguments quickly became
tied to an attempt to distinguish between rock and roll and pop. this, at
least in my mind at the time of conception, was not the intended focus.

i took it in its broader and more nebulous sense - music. the reason i say
this is becase of its context; it is of course a lyric from Aztec Camera's
 "Somewhere in my Heart". i may be wrong, but i feel that the intensity
and dynamism of this particular section of the song transcends the issue
differentiation that was so eloquently, but perhaps wrongly, dwelt on.
if indeed, music is to remembered as "little moments", i believe the value
of the moment should be respected. i believe that during the
moment when this particular lyric was penned, and then fused with the
music,
the moment was
all-encompassing
and universal,
panoramic and
devoid
of judgement.
in any way

perhaps we should wonder why "this ain't the planet of sound"