Sinister: Is it just me ?

oc245d8aff at xxx.net oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Wed Oct 1 12:39:51 BST 1997

Iain Meakin wrote:

> Hello.  I've been up all night (its nearly 6am now) and I
> feel like Im going crackers.
>
> Now what I want to know is:  Is this why I like B&S ?  Or
> is this because I like B&S ?  Or am I just a daft sod ?.
>
> errm I wish I could sleep.
>
> Iain.

I don't know. A daft sod isn't a bad thing to be anyway. I
used to rely on Vick's Medinite to get to sleep from time to
time, but it's probably not a good idea.

Some other points:

What does a junglist girl look like? Gold teeth?

I'm in favour of trying to mention Belle and Sebastian in
each message, if only to see what ridiculous lengths we are
prepared to go to to try and fit them into off-topic
ramblings. I like all this stuff about buses and badges.

I'd like to hear this Andrew Loog Oldham orchestral album. I
recently rescued George Martin's "Off the Beatle Track" from
the bargain bucket. It's quite intriguing to see how he
maintains the rock'n'roll essence of the music in spite of
using a big easy listening orchestra. Some of the trumpet
breaks sound just like B&S.

(see?)

It's quite freaky to think that the boy Murdoch might be
reading our ramblings. I hope this doesn't provoke an
outbreak of shyness, or indeed forwardness.

Marry me, marry me Stuart! We'll have piglets and live on
the farm together. We could make lo-fi barnyard recordings
and sell them as mail-order only cassettes.

What's this Belle and Sebastian message board then? I found
it via Infoseek, but around and around the little planets
went, all to no avail. File not found, or some such
nonsense.

Peter