Sinister: sonic confusion (lyric misinterpretations)

Amanda Bergman a-bergman at xxx.edu
Wed Oct 1 16:05:35 BST 1997

That "make a new cult everyday" thing is an easy enough mistake to make
BECAUSE IT IS THE ACTUAL LYRIC. (or at least according to the lyrics in the
CD)

Though I have noticed that sometimes what is sung varies from what is
printed there...like in "Seeing Other People," the line (according to that
lyric sheet) is: "You're going to have to change/ Or your're going to have
to go with girls/ You might be better off/ At least they know what they're
doing."  But in the song itself on the album, as well as in the BBC
sessions version, the line sounds like "At least they know where to put
it."  Either way, it's still a sort of funny musing.

ta,
Amanda