Sinister: mishearings

Chris Leonard cleonard at xxx.COM
Thu Oct 2 09:24:08 BST 1997

Hello,

I always thought in "Seeing Other People" the words "Your kissing your
double, your kissing your reflection" were sang instead of "Your kissing
your elbow etc.".

I thought it was about these skinny long hair boys who go to discos and
get stuck into skinny long hair girls who look the same as them.  And It
got me thinking is it incredibly vain to be attracted to someone who
looks like you, or is it worse to think you can do better.

I just read that.  I know what I mean.

Anyway, the person who said the trumpet from "Dog On Wheels" is like
"Alone Again Or" by Love is spot on.  It sounds like B & S have tried to
do the same things with the guitar flurries throughout the song.

Stuart Murdoch's voice occasionally reminds me of the Incredible String
Band.  This is initially what attracted me to B & S.

I'm off

Chris