Sinister: mishearings

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 2 16:34:57 BST 1997

Anyway, the person who said the trumpet from "Dog On Wheels" is like
"Alone Again Or" by Love is spot on.  It sounds like B & S have tried to
do the same things with the guitar flurries throughout the song.

[Keith Watson]
Well that's got to be Mick well and truly praised then (Stuart told him to "Play like Love" on Dog on Wheels), although I'd say the song was more like "A House is not a Motel", at least in passing. I actually like Dog on Wheels generally more than Love myself, despite liking Forever changes a lot.

	Ooooo... I've just spotted a cracking quote from Simon Price in this weeks Melody Maker:

	"Oasis let us head the inarticulate speech of their hearts. Anyone who calls their music dumb is closer to another truth altogether, because theirs is the expression of all the things that can't be expressed"

There's quite a lot of folk banging on about Oasis in the press at the moment - I feel a bit left out, I generally most of the time agree with the general press opinion, and times when I've disagreed with them I've invariably come around, but I just don't get Oasis at all, is it me, or are they really something more than just a bunch of brickies writing turgid tunes that are invariably copped off of other people - am I wrong in thinking that almost all of their songs sound exactly the same?

Anyway, back to the grindstone.

Cheers,
	Keith.