Sinister: Funny Little Hedgehog

oc245d8aff at xxx.net oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Thu Oct 2 20:32:43 BST 1997

It's all coming out into the open now, isn't it?

I too must confess to a (limited) familiarity with The Incredible
String Band. Unfortunately I sold my two CDs quite a while
ago. (That's the trouble with selling things, you always
regret it in the end. Even if you get 250 smackers for it,
you're bound to fritter it away on other loony tunes or
nonsense.) I was quite partial to the song "Funny Little
Hedgehog", obviously a by-product of a particularly hefty
bong session. For reasons beyond the comprehension of
mere mortals, this particular area of Spain (or the Basque
Country, please yourself) is rife with Incredible String
Band albums. I don't know if anyone actually buys them.
There's loads and loads of them. Can't say they remind me
much of Belle and Sebastian, but you never know what's
around the corner.

Just how many people on this list have got wierd beards?

Can I have a free rant? Thank you. I've just spent the
entire afternoon translating some crap about clothes,
including the phrase; "...blah blah blah...will offer proven
and timeless styles that every woman desires and wears. In a
nutshell (note nifty Orange Juice reference), indispensible
clothes that never become unfashionable...." As if that
wasn't traumatic enough, I get home to a mumbled message on
the answerphone telling me that it's the wrong bloody
document after all! What do I do? Go round and punch his
lights out? Get pissed? Honestly, I don't know what the
world is coming to.

Sorry about that, but I had to get it off my chest, and
there's no-one else in the house. Should any of you come
across the Cottonfield Basic Line range of boring and
practical clothing, BURN IT! Knitwear!!! what a stupid word!

This should also answer Keith's question as to what I'm
doing in Spain. Translating the wrong bloody document,
that's what I'm doing. At least today. Other days I'm either
an unemployed layabout or a struggling artist. Depends how
you want to look at it.

And belated thanks to Charlotte for the Taggart information.
Yes, I did go to that famous seat of learning perched atop
Gilmorehill. It earned me the right to translate the wrong
documents. I voted for Winnie Mandela.  I saw Taggart
outside a tube station once. He looked just as miserable as
he does on the telly. I'm not bloody surprised.

Now I have to translate a contract about a mystery product
that must be sold from a white cupboard. I kid you not.
Although I'm moaning I'm quite happy underneath it all,
because it's bloody difficult to get translation work.
Ironically, the bosses tend not to trust beginners.

I'm desperately trying to think of something B&S
related...they've been removed from their prominent display
position in my local record emporium. I don't know where
they've put them all, because they won't fit in the racks
for all the Incredible String Band goodies.

Peter