Sinister: compo

klas ericsson klas.ericsson at xxx.se
Fri Oct 3 13:16:46 BST 1997

This photo from 1989 are of me (Klas) and my three friends, Anders, Anders
and Anders. We´re fourteen.
I´m the one with brownhair and ishockey haircut (this might be a swedish
expression so just think David Bowie as Aladin Sane) standing in the
middle, laughing, carrying the blond Anders on my back.
As you can see we´re on a train. That train is stuck on the great railway
bridge outside Edinburgh. I don´t remember it´s name, but it´s great and
red (I think). We´ve been stuck here for three hours. Twenty minutes ago we
moved ten meters or so, but now we´re stuck again. It might be at bit
strange but we´re having a great time climbing around in the compartment.
The old lady by the window are looking very upset as one Anders (the
darkhaired one) are on his way out of the train window, hundreds of meters
(ok mAybe not but it makes the story better) down are the Firth of forth.
The rest of us are laughing.

So why are we here in Scotland, alone and only fourteen. Well, as you can
see the redhaired Anders, who sits beside the old woman, wears a
scoutshirt. Yes, we been to a camp - the Discovery 89. That was ten days
ago and after that we visited new found friends in Turriff. The blond
Anders was a pretty wild young man, so he had a lot of troubles to get
someone who wanted to take him home. But he gave away some playing cards
featuring nude women to a boy (who´s name I will not mention) and got
somewhere to stay that way.
Now we´re on our way home, meeting up with leaders in Edinburg before going
to Glasgow and the airport.

The reason why I want to share this photo with you is that every time I
look at it I get very nostalgic. It just feels like this picture captures
the feeling of being young, childish, without any troubling thoughts and
looking forward without pessismism. And that´s not the case anymore.

///Klas