Sinister: More chords

S.A. Clarke A9653157 a9653157 at xxx.uk
Fri Oct 3 12:53:00 BST 1997

Hello there. I've just found the "Belle and Sebastian songbook" page and
noticed that the songs off the Lazy Line...E.P are not included. I think
they go something like this.
          Steve

LAZY LINE PAINTER JANE

F#                                              Bb
Working the village shop, putting a poster up

Eb min                               F#                          B maj7
Dreaming of anything, dreaming of the time

                             Bb min                 Ab min
When you are free from all the trouble you're in

F#                                              Bb
In the mud on your knees, trying hard not to please

Eb min                          F#7                       B
Anyone all the time, being a rebel's fine,

                       B min               F#
But you go all the way to being brutal.

C#
You will have a boy tonight, you will have a boy tonight

           F# min  F#
On the last bus out of town, on the last bus out of town.

YOU MADE ME FORGET MY DREAMS

This song is built around the following chord sequence. There is a droned Db
bass note for most of the song.

Db
                                                                        F#
You made me forget my dreams when I woke up to you sleeping

                 Db
                                                         F#
                    Db
We had peace for a night at least but the trouble starts today

This morning you'll say:

Ab                                        F#                       Db
                              F#
"I'll see you sometime, maybe" and I fall back to uneasy sleep.

PHOTO JENNY

F#
I'm in a mess, I'm in a dress

There's nothing from here till tomorrow morning

B                                                               Bb min
                   G# min
How do I get there? How do I get there?  I don't do drugs

                                                   F#
All my friends are on their holidays.

(Same for second verse)

C#                                                B
                       Bb min
They got the drugs I could use but then I don't need any

C#                             B                          Bb min
All that I want is a photograph of Photo Jenny

B                         F#
How will I get one? I don't know

B                        F#
How will I get one? I don't know

B                        F#                       C#
How will I get her to strike a pose?

Then at the end of the song there are some harmonies on the word "pose" that
go..

A maj7,  B, F#

A CENTURY OF ELVIS

There are four chord sequences in this one that are repeated. For those who
don't know, A/C# indicates an A major chord with a C# in the bass.

D          A/C#         G/B      D/A        G       D/F#      A      (Play 4
times)

B min       G       D       A     (Play twice)

A        A       G       D   (Play twice)

D       A/C#         G/B       D/A        G        D/F#    A  (Play twice)

B min      G         D        A    (Play twice)

D         G         D         G   (To end)