Sinister: Belle and Sebastian at Peel Acres

oc245d8aff at xxx.net oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Fri Oct 3 12:52:13 BST 1997

Without wishing to bring up the old DJ chestnut again...

John Peel played "A Century of Fakers" on his World Service
programme this morning. He said he didn't like it at first,
but after six or seven listens he can't stop humming it to
himself. He followed it up with some nice "techno rubbish".

I just thought you might like to know.

People who live in tree houses in the jungle heard it.
Peruvian llama herds heard it. Even educated fleas heard it.
So hooray for the BBC World Service!

Apparently I'm getting paid for doing the wrong translation,
so that's OK. I'll believe it when I see it, but still.

I'm more partial to Oasis now than I ever was. I think it's
because of the Flying V guitar in that video with all the
helicopters. I see no reason why brickkies should or
shouldn't make music, or musicians become brickies.
Communists used to do that as punishment for excess
grooviness. I also think it's OK to nick tunes. There are
only so many ways to make the air vibrate. If you think up
something "new" someone else will immediately copy it and
run off with all the money. And where do you draw the line
between "influenced by" and "ripping off"? It keeps lawyers
in business, I suppose.

Peter