Sinister: sonic confusion (lyric misinterpretations)

Ninette s9720251 at xxx.nl
Fri Oct 3 13:47:25 BST 1997

Amanda wrote:
>That "make a new cult everyday" thing is an easy enough mistake to make
>BECAUSE IT IS THE ACTUAL LYRIC. (or at least according to the lyrics in the
>CD)
>Yeah, I know, I think I really meant to say I heard it as "make a new COAT
every day"....

>Though I have noticed that sometimes what is sung varies from what is
>printed there...like in "Seeing Other People," the line (according to that
>lyric sheet) is: "You're going to have to change/ Or your're going to have
>to go with girls/ You might be better off/ At least they know what they're
>doing."  But in the song itself on the album, as well as in the BBC
>sessions version, the line sounds like "At least they know where to put
>it."  Either way, it's still a sort of funny musing.

Yeah, well, they actually DO sing it as "at least they know where to put
it". It's especially clear in the Evening session recording I've got on
tape, where Seeing Other People is really, really slow (so I couldn't have
misheard it this time)!
It's funnier this way than on the lyric sheet, I think.
Has anyone read the small print beneath the lyrics for Pulp albums? It says,
"Please do not read the lyrics while listening to this recording". Maybe
that'd be a good idea for B&S...?
Bye, Ninette