Sinister: Compo

Skreddy56 at xxx.com Skreddy56 at xxx.com
Sat Oct 4 00:14:25 BST 1997

My ink Poloroid (some bits re-written in my head during the last 3 weeks or
so).

This scene is from my first day at my new job.  Actually, there is a real
poloroid  of this somewhere, but that doesn't show the whole picture.  The
person behind the rack full of dishes is Charlie, my boss.  He's taking a
picture of me mopping the floor, at my mother's request.  I think she wants
to get a copy and hang it on the wall, but I sort of hope that she doesn't
get a copy.  It's not that I'm embarrassed to have my friends see it, because
they made me take my hat off to work, and my friends don't recognise me
without it.  And I don't think my mother could say anything rude about it,
because it proves that I do clean things sometimes.  I just don't think it's
a very good picture.  Over there, in the kitchen, is my partner, Joe.  We
spend all day washing the dishes, but right now he is cutting up vegetables
for the soup.  Joe has a pair of headphones on because he can't work with the
restaurant's radio playing in the background.  Neither can I.  I asked him
what he listened to in there, but he wouldn't tell me.  My mom is behind the
counter, and now she looks upset because I noticed Charlie taking my picture,
and turned away from the camera.  I think I'll give her this one, instead.

Thank you for reading my ink poloroid!  Sorry if I added to the last minute
rush of entries filling up your mailbox right now.

--Matt (skreddy56 at aol.com)