Sinister: Separated at Birth?

oc245d8aff at xxx.net oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Sun Oct 5 12:12:35 BST 1997

Dickon Edwards wrote:

> Well, I don't know about you, but for some reason I seem
> to find the
> following to be similar:
>
> 1: the opening vocal melody line to "Dog on Wheels" and
> that of Nancy
> Sinatra's "Summer Wine"?
>
> 2: the sleeve to "3,6,9..." and the image of Stuart M and
> Radio One DJ Jo
> Whiley er, frolicking on the beach?
>
> Or is it just me? I think we should be told :)
>
> dickon

Thank you. I knew it sounded like something, but I couldn't
quite place it. Which may well be the trick for nicking
tunes...hmmm, sounds familiar, what is it?As far as Oasis
go, my "wife" came up with a very good explanation of the
theory of relativity using the Oasis brothers...one of
them's travelling at the speed of light, while the other
one's playing guitar....still don't understand the theory of
relativity, but it gave me a laugh.
I don't know what Jo Whiley looks like, but it's got to be
better than frolicking on the beach with Dave Lee Travis.

Andy mentioned Ann Tyler, presumably not Liv Tyler's mum.
Can I abuse the list by asking for some literary advice (in
private, so as not to annoy anyone)?
Those nice people at Penguin Books have just sent their mail
order spectacular, giving me something else to think about.
Has anybody read any of the following. Are they any good?
Are they suitable for B&S fans? (obligatory reference)

Every Man for Himself - Beryl Bainbridge
Quite Ugly One Morning - Christopher Brookmyre
Earthly Possessions - Ann Tyler
Ecstasy - Irvine Welsh
The Scent of Dried Roses - Tim Lott
and last but not least...The Rough Guide to European
Football

Any help and advice gladly received. And sorry for being off
topic. Forgive me Father, for I have digressed.

Thanks,

Peter