Sinister: Hearing other music

Paul Forsyth paulf at xxx.uk
Mon Oct 6 10:09:41 BST 1997

Hi,

Recently there has been a lot of talk about the other bands people
listen to, apart from B&S. Much as I would like to hear all of these
bands it would be very hard for me to find all the music talked about,
to spend the time and even harder to listen to all the albums, singles,
sessions... except if you are John Peel of course!

A few messages ago a lady talked about electronic samples that were
emailed to her. I am wondering whether these were samples of the bands
that are being talked about, as I think this is a brilliant way of
letting each other listen to the music they like. Rather than going out
to shops and scouring for the album, buying it, and listening to it 10
times before liking it, hearing a sample of a brill song is a great way
of introducing the band to a newbie.

If the samples talked about before were like this then I would love to
hear some (or a lot!).

Cheers

Paul