Sinister: The Bathers Etc.

oc245d8aff at xxx.net oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Mon Oct 6 19:53:26 BST 1997

stephen troussé wrote:

> On a literary tip, I remember reading in an interview in
> Select that Stuart
> was heavily influenced by the work of CS Lewis, the Lion,
> the Witch and the
> Wardrobe guy. Though I'm damned if I can see any evidence.
> Some of the
> songs remind me of the short stories of Lorrie Moore,
> however.

Perhaps it's got more to do with his religious stuff, rather
than the Nania books. Though I'm damned if I can see any
evidence of that either. Probably because I haven't read
them. I think he wrote stuff about medieval literature too.
As I am a bit bored, I may go and look for medieval
influences in the illuminated texts of Mister Murdoch.
There's all that stuff about randy clergy, that's very
medieval. Electronic Renaissance. The renaissance came after
the middle ages. But it wasn't electronic. You had to make
your own entertainment in those days. Hence the shorter life
expectancy. The picture on the back of If You're Feeling
Sinister looks like a photo of the last supper. Except Saint
Stuart is sitting on the floor playing with his lego.
Did anyone read that Sid James stuff? Spooky, eh?

Peter
What's this Poetry Place thing, if you don't mind me asking.
I'm paying a lot of attention to e-mail adresses these days.