Sinister: Belle and Sebastian Quiz

oc245d8aff at xxx.net oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Mon Oct 6 19:12:57 BST 1997

Katrina House wrote:

> oc245d8aff at colon.net wrote:
> >
> > Here's a brain teaser:
> >
> > At last count there were eight members of Belle and
> > Sebastian.
> > Can you match each member with their favourite food from
> the
> > list below?
> >
> > 1: Halal chicken, unpeeld potatoes and broccolli. Fish
> on
> > Fridays
>
> Stuart D.
>
> > 2: Alphabetti Spaghetti
>
> Richard
>
> > 3: Magic mushrooms and powdered rhino horn
>
> Chris
>
> > 4: Spangles, Jaffa Cakes and Monster Munch
>
> Sarah
>
> > 5: Exotic fruit and rice pudding
>
> Isobel
>
> > 6: A cup o' tea and a slice o' cake
>
> Stuart M
>
> > 7: Anything advertised by Bernard Cribbins
>
> Stevie
>
> > 8: Trumpet-shaped turnips.
>
> Mick
>
> How'd I do?
>
> Katrina - bored at work :)

Sorry Katrina, only one correct answer. And you'll get a
thump from Sarah! Rumour has it she prefers Outer Spacers.
On an entirely off topic point, I used to know the son of
the man who invented Outer Spacers. He kept it very quiet,
but a friend of mine went to work there and found out. They
sacked him in the end (the inventor) which just goes to
show....

How can you be bored at work? You work in a the thrilling
cut and thrust record business, you might feature in a
rockumentary one day. Rod Stewart could walk in at any
moment. Alternatively, phone your mates on company time or
play Donkey Kong.

I'm a bit bored today as well, and I don't have the unfair
disadvantage of a job as such. Spent the day wandering
around and watching the traininng sessions for the world
pushbike championships. The British team are sponsored by
Carling Black Label, so don't expect much from them. Except
in the time trial, where British hopes rest on the ample
shoulders of comedian Stan Boardman, bronze medal in
Atlanta. The gold medalist (Indurain) has retired and the
silver medalist (Olano) has chickened out, so there's
everything to win for the cheeky chappie from Liverpool. And
before anyone accuses me of rabbiting on about issues
entirely unrelated to Belle and Sebastian, cyclist are kind
of stars of track and field and some of them are most
definitely beautiful people, especially if you dig
well-defined calf muscles and bulging thighs.

So there you have it. Back to the quiz.

Peter