Sinister: A Travellers Tale

Stip / Blue Music Stip at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 7 15:39:32 BST 1997

So seeing as I am currently searching for every - any - reason not to
attend to the downright offensive pile of work before me, I'll tell you
about my latest trip on public transport under the influence of Belle
and Sebastian.

After being mollycoddled on the coach by the tea lady last time I
travelled to Glasgow, I reckoned the train would be a safer bet this
time, and armed myself with a legion of cola bottles to distract myself
from the music if things got a little, er, emotional again.

It was an early train, though, and I soon fell into an apparently deep
sleep to the heavenly strains of B&S. And it was then I started
dreaming.

Thinking I was still wide awake, I was surprised to experience
'Expectations' being interrupted by a somewhat ominous voice with a
warning. It did not, I hasten to add, occur to me that I was dreaming,
so I subsequently took what this mysterious voice was telling me very
seriously.

I was warned in rather urgent tones that *they* (whoever they may be),
had discovered that I had a rogue bone in my ankle which was attracting
ships from the equator carrying aliens, and that if the train travelled
too close to the coast on the way up to Scotland they would most
probably detect me. Horror.

Was awakened by a now frantic old lady next to me, who could take my
writhing and babbling no longer. Had excrutiating cramp in my leg. Was
disorientated to the point of believing that I was indeed in grave
danger. Had thrown my cola bottles all over the floor in blind panic.

I cannot, even in sleep, listen to B&S and remain unmoved.

No sign of the aliens so far, though...
--
Nicola M
Stip / Blue Music