Sinister: duke not duke

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Mon Oct 6 21:50:27 BST 1997

> who used to go to school with the son of Malcolm
> "Duke"
> Allured (of Showaddywaddy fame)'s son, who was a
> real new
> romantic, used to take a huge ghetto blaster to
> school and
> listen to Duran Duran doing his homework. He
> later starred
> in a Channel Four documentary called "The Sex
> Hunters" about
> a group of campsite disco bouncers who tried to
> get off with
> all the girls. They kept score with a little
> Scalextric
> track. Did anybody see it? Is our Duke related
> to this Duke?

i would love to say that i had kept score of all
the girls i got off with in campsites or otherwise
on a Scalextric track, but sadly must inform you
that i would be struggling to get past the warm
up/formation lap.  And then i'd probably stall on
the grid or be shunted off the track by some
trendy type sporting the latest in ribbed
ticklers.  It is a sad and cruel world we inhabit,
and no mistake.

> He owns two or three crap pubs and North West
> Leicestershire's finest rural discotheque. Aaah,
> great days,
> great days. Best forgotten, I think. At that
> time Stephen
> Duffy was called Tintin, and everybody loved
> him. Belle and
> Sebastian have got as many members as
> Showaddywaddy, but
> no-one called Caesar Romeo.

Tintin!  ah those were the days indeed.  Ho ho.
We danced on the tables in art and sang Altered
Images songs til we nearly burst our lungs.  We
wore tukka boots and legwarmers without a trace of
irony.  Even the boys.  Especially the boys...

> Have I got away with it?

how much money you got?

i'm not the duke you think i am...

--