Sinister: Sons of Showaddywaddy

Honey psm at xxx.net
Tue Oct 7 21:06:53 BST 1997

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997 oc245d8aff at colon.net wrote:

> Before the remaining seven people unsubscribe, I've had a
> fantastic idea!
>
> Are we all familiar with The Rough Guide to Rock? If so you
> will have noticed the tragic lack of an entry for Belle and
> Sebastian. Perhaps we could have another competition, or
> maybe a collaborative effort, to come up with a potted
> history of the band and a bit of advice for newcomers to the
> band.

Bastard!  I was about to do it and start my career in journalism to get
away from all this computing lark.

Oh well, now it's in the open, I am sure Rough Guide would accept a
well-written entry.  I will no longer sneak around and pretend I'm not
doing it: second line of defence is this: that we take up Pete's idea,
and produce a collaborative potted history together, with contributions
from all who want, if this is possible, and, uniquely for the Rough
Guide, make the author "The Sinister List".  I bet they'd like that,
we'd get free advertising (URL!) and maybe a tiny squidge of funding to
do stuff like list badges or something (and I think it is tiny)?

To further inhibit my chance at muso stardom, here's the place for
those who don't know:

	http://www.roughguides.com/RG_WWW/rgmusic.html

What does anyone else think?  I hereby volunteer myself to accept
first stabs at a history, amalgamate them, stick them on the WWW
page, and then submit it back to you lot to sort out truth from myth
(although a little myth helps sometimes too).

Paul
mailto:owner-sinister at majordomo.net