Sinister: Gainsbourg concerts/Kelvingrove Park

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 8 09:55:23 BST 1997

This was the week before the big free B&S gig in Kelvingrove park which
was moved to the QM (hip kids union at Glasgow Uni) because it was very
rainy indeed.  Were the Bathers the band on immediately before B&S?  No
hold on that was the Pastels.  Were the Bathers the band on immediately
before the Pastels?  If it was I remember a lady drummer.  I'm probably
thinking of the wrong band.  They were very polished and reminded me of
the Incredible String Band (joking).

[Keith Watson]
What I really want to know here is... (David/Katrina anyone who knows) Did I go through to Glasgow on the SUNDAY after the Kelvingrove park longest day of my life concert in vain... Mick had told us that they were playing in Ashton lane on Sunday as part of the yearly street festival thingy, Hardbody were supposed to be playing but I didn't even see them, only saw the bathers, went home miserable and with only Dexy's "Dont't stand me down" in consolation (it's a great consolation, but I could have got it in Edinburgh). So does anyone know... did they actually play or not?

Cheers,
	Keith.