Sinister: sinister:b&s on top--reply--reply

Kelso KELSO at xxx.com
Wed Oct 8 20:55:34 BST 1997

Johnston, John CT wrote:
> >The other question is: do you reckon they'll go
> on top of the pops if it does
> chart? I mean, >they don't even give photographs
> away never mind go on
> the telly!

But they will be on television...remember the PBS
special that was videotaped in New York that should
air in December (I think.)  But your statement does
make me wonder....do we know why the band doesn't
do photos?  Besides the one that was in "Sinister" I
can only recall seeing two other photos of them in
print...one in NME and one in Melody Maker and both of
those were just of Stuart, not the entire band.  I
suppose its no big deal, really, just a little quirk of theirs
that I'm intrigued by.

Also, is "Top of the Pops" really still going on over
there.  It's been on the air for ages hasn't it? All of my
familiarity with it comes from the few clips of the
program I've seen and the quotes I've read from
musicians, sucha s the Kinks, who belly-ached about
the lip-synching policy.  Do they still make the
performers sing-along to a tape or do they actually
perform these days?

--kelso