Sinister: Top of the Pops and the VERY last mention of Leicester's finest teddy boy combo.

oc245d8aff at xxx.net oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Wed Oct 8 22:59:12 BST 1997

jj heldmann wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Oct 1997 oc245d8aff at colon.net wrote:
>
> > If anyonne wants to see how the mighty are fallen, check
> out
> > the following link. Apparently 23 pages contain the word
>
> > Showaddywaddy, and this little gem is one of them. Isn't
>
> > that Isobel and Sarah sitting on the floor in the front
> row? And that
> > looks suspiciously like Stuart Murdoch in a tangerine
> frightwig.
>
> ok, maybe i just missed something but what the heck is
> this showaddywaddy
> stuff anyway?! i'm so confused!
> xo
> jj

Horrible fifties teddy boy pastiche group. Enormously
popular when some of us were little. I can't remember how
the subject came up, bbut it was me anyway. They're from
near where I live. Of no interest whatsoever to your average
Belle and Sebastian fan. I tried to look them up on the web,
but there's not much to see. Yet.... I've heard a rumour
that somebody IS going to start a mailing list, but only
time will tell. In the meantime, it's probably best just to
forget about it, otherwise we'll be upsetting somebody, as
well as driving ourselves around the twist.

I started it, sir, but if someone asks a question it's
polite to answer, isn't it?

So it wasn't the last mention after all. Well, this time it
really is.

Peter