Sinister: miming

Kate Dornan a.northern.soul at xxx.com
Thu Oct 9 08:37:05 BST 1997

> the lip-synching policy.  Do they still make the
> performers sing-along to a tape or do they actually
> perform these days?

Well as far as I can tell it's all lip-synched... don't watch it anymore
though... all those nothing chart soul acts and solo female singers and
ancient past-it 'legends'... although maybe those that do can tell me
different. There's always, of course, the odd Boyzone or whatever who
get the mike and go, mid-song, "Boyzone on top of the pops again this
christmas, bless you all" or whatever...
Saw Baby Bird play on a TV music prog once, where he sang, "because
you're gorgeous/and yes I'm singing live"... these stars eh... Do we
think B&S would insist on being live? - given the erm, unpolished nature
of their live shows, it could be interesting :)

(of course, the secret to good miming is to say what the hell and make
it really obvious... like all thses backing vocals coming out of nowhere
or something, or deliberately missing words... it's always more fun to
watch when they#re ripping the piss)

Love
   Kate xxx