Sinister: Top of the Pops and the last mention of Leicester's finest teddy boy combo.

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 9 09:27:11 BST 1997

The other important reference point for seekers of
Showaddywaddy-isms is the song "A Little Bit of Soap" by De
La Soul, which (if I'm not embarrassingly mistaken) contains
a sample of our new heroes just before the fade out. I
wonder if their lawyers are as good as James Brown's.

[Keith Watson]
Or the Troggs which was the fact that caused De La Soul to delay their second album by over a year clearing samples (Gyppo bastards - have they not got enough money as it is, actually Reg Presley was on the telly a month ago or so talking about his obsession with crop circles!).

	Yes, "Don't stand me down" is brilliant, not quite as upbeat as the other Dexy's albums but brilliant nonetheless. It was my friend Kevin who introduced me to that LP a few years ago and we've waited for it to be released on CD for a long time,now it is, it's top. Problem is it probably will be reissued cheap in a matter of months, "Too rye aye" was released about 2 years ago with loads of extra tracks for extra cash, but it's now available for loads cheaper, i.e. about 6 quid.

	Incidentally, which Ultra Vivid Scene LP has no writing on the sleeve? All mine appear to have writing on them, nonetheless, totally utterly brilliant band. New Order are the band who spring to mind on this point. Peter Saville having got his design idea from an article in the Sunday papers about the theory of a "Mass produced secret", i.e. that you wouldn't need to put the name on the sleeve but millions of people would still know what it was.

Cheers,
	Keith.