Sinister: files

Kate Dornan a.northern.soul at xxx.com
Sat Oct 11 19:09:55 BST 1997

Excuse me if I'm out of line here, but isn't it generally considered a
bad idea to send file attachments to mailing lists? -- just because they
can crash computers or connections, or take ages to download... this
applies especially to pictures and sounds. I know textfiles aren't
really big or anything, but I received a mail a while back that was
obviously *meant* to go to the whole list, which had an .exe attachment,
which *did* screw up my mail server connection and took several minutes
to DL... so is there any chance we could only send file attachments by
private mail, for the sake of listmembers who don't want to, or can't,
receive them? - this has been list policy for every list I've been on...

Kate xxx