Sinister: Isobel's favourite LP's

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Sat Oct 11 19:30:04 BST 1997

Walter wrote:

> Found in Les Inrockupibles n°114 (august 1997) :
>
> Isobel's top 5 :
> Orange Juice "You can't hide your love forever",
>
> The Velvet Underground & Nico,
> Go-Betweens "16 lovers Lane",
> Felt...
> I know, there are only 4. She just forgot the
> fifth one...
>
> Stuart agrees and adds :
> Lawrence Felt
> Nick Drake.

isobel is obviously graced with the taste of
angels.  didn't say a particular felt record did
she?  so hard to choose just one anyway :-)

on the subject though, i find it weird that, let's
say she's 20, yeah?  i think i heard that or read
that somewhere, yeah?  well i just find it a bit
funny that all the LPs she's listing would have
been out when she was, lets see... 5, not even a
flicker, 9 and somewhere between 3 and 13.  i
don't mean to sound cynical but, ahem surely no
teenager is THAT hip?  unless, ooh weird concept,
Isobel is actually like the character in my new
book and has actually been a 30 year old in a 16
year olds' body :-)  This would answer a lot...
Perhaps the whole group are like this.  Except
Stuart M who is the mad scientist who's been
overseeing these crazy experiments.  Erm, sorry,
getting carried away .  I just think it's a little
bit sad that someone who was 15 in 1992 wouldn't
have chosen a couple of LPs from the early 90s to
be fave records.  There were a few you know...
maybe i'll even go off and find some and make her
a tape :-)

okay, meander over.

the duke

--