Sinister: STEIN

P. Miller / A. Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Tue Oct 14 13:27:08 BST 1997

Keith Watson wrote:

> Oh... also, forgot to mention. If anyone's at all interested in Seymour Stein
> then Clinton Heylin's "From the Velvets to the Voidoids" and "Please Kill Me"
> by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain are good places to learn about his dealings
> with the late 70's New York Punk scene. Unfortunately these are the only kind
> of books I read - I'm not at all well read... I have read almost all of the
> Mr.Men books though.
>
> Keith.

Also see "The Nearest Faraway Place" by Timothy White and "Wouldn't it be Nice"
supposedly by Brian Wilson for more Stein-tastic facts. TNFP is a really good
book. WIBN is a bit dodgy though.

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but does anyone out there know what Mr. Stein
thinks of the song? If he likes the band, he's probably thrilled. If not, he's
probably lining up a team of crack lawyers even as we speak.

Peter