Sinister: pasties?

steve genge steve at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 14 20:41:03 BST 1997

I take it I'm missing something here but surely it should be "Le
Pastie De La Boulangerie"??  I checked & in our La Boulangerie they're
80p for meat & 70p for Cheese.

Seriously though, after turning the sleeves round & therefore covering
up the barcodes with price stickers we sold only 20 less Belle &
Sebastian EPs on monday than Spice Girls singles.  We didn't sell a
single 12inch though.  Am I alone in wondering why you can't put four
songs on a 7inch?  Or at least make the 12inch the same price as the
CD single (ours are a pound dearer <- sorry Leslie)

As much as I detest cassette singles Woolworths won't stock a single
unless it's on tape and so although your average Woolworth's record
buyer won't know who Belle & Sebastian are your chart pisition is
altered because their sales play a big part in the chart as does
Asda's strangely.

bye

steve x