Sinister: Blizzard of Oz

P. Miller / A. Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Tue Oct 14 22:29:00 BST 1997

Chris Leonard wrote:

> I went to see David Lee Roth when I was 13.  He sang california girls
> and rode round the Hall on a giant inflatable microphone.  He was
> brilliant.

Sounds great. I'm only sorry it wasn't an inflatable Waronker.

I come from a predominantly heavy metal village, so the local youth club
provided me with a steady diet of ping-pong and Black Sabbath throughout
my formative years. One day they
organised a trip to an Ozzy Osbourne concert at the Derby Assembly
Rooms. How
could I resist?

I wore my kagoule for the occasion, everyone else wore denim. I can't
remember
much about the concert itself, but I do remember a man dancing about in
his
pajamas right in front of me for the entire concert. I thought "what a
strange
man," and "if he keeps on dancing like that his knob'll fall out
eventually".
With the benefit of hindsight I think we can safely say that he was
under the
influence of a deadly cocktail of heavy metal drugs, and that he had his
underpants on beneath his jim-jams.

Peter