Sinister: Confessionals

Honey psm at xxx.net
Wed Oct 15 15:17:05 BST 1997

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, John Stuart wrote:

> My fav on the new ep has to be 'Put the book back on the shelf'.  I love
> every single song B&S have released, but would anybody else agree that the
> tracks on the ep's are not quite as good as those on both the albums?

Well... all I can do is disagree with what's been said just twice
now.  I hate to be boring but: it's set me on fire for B&S again.

I'll come out the closet and say I must admit that the last two EPs -
well I loved them but was a bit worried B&S and me were growing a
bit... used to each other maybe?  So maybe a teensy bit cautious of
what was coming next.

I've heard these songs before, but in this format they knock me over,
all the way down to the "forward slanting mother of all pudding bowl
haircuts".  Hey, and why didn't anyone tell me "Belle and Sebastian
On The Radio" was such a sweet gorgeous tune: and who plays
Neil Young's harmonica?!

Oh, and I think they just smashed through another barrier in art:
who's heard a lyric with the word "poignancy" in it before?  Maybe we
should have another competition...

Finally there's been a lot of mention of Felt: I confess my ignorance
again, so if anyone would like to advise, privately off the list,
what I should buy and where I can get it in Edinburgh then please
do.

Finally finally: I've put a comments form on the WWW page: just for
people to tell me what they think of the list etc.  Please pop by and
register your thoughts about how this list should be:

	http://www.majordomo.net/sinister

Anyway, more confessionals please, I feel a bit tingly here,
Paul
mailto:owner-sinister at majordomo.net