Sinister: John Denver

Chris Leonard cleonard at xxx.COM
Wed Oct 15 09:18:46 BST 1997

> Jeff Buckley I know nothing about. He certainly sounds intersting, but then
> people are hardly likely to understate someone's talent after they died,
> are they?
> But is he basically country-influenced, only I take it more 'modern' than
> someone like Denver, or James Taylor, who is the other singer-songwriter
> who I know quite well......?

I wouldn't have said Jeff Buckley was country influenced.  He was more
sort of dreamy Led Zep sort of Sting kind of Ella Fitzgerald.  He had
one of the most incredible voices that I've ever heard.  I was lucky
enough to see him in 1995 and he was splendid.  I always thought he
would go on to be a total megastar cos he pretty much had it all -
songs, voice, looks you know.  Such a waste upsets me greatly.

<pause>
I'll have to lighten the mood now

Q. What did the gardener do to his trumpet plant?

A. He rooted it oot

Sorry to stray off B&S once again

Chris