Sinister: Belles and Bobs

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 15 20:25:49 BST 1997

> Felt...
> I've said it once and I'll say it again. Denim
> are much
> better.

only because you're either too young to know
better or deaf ;-)

> Or at least much funnier.

granted.  and humour is important in Pop, but
lawrence always had a sense of humour.  i mean, go
listen to 'Index' ;-)

> And more of an influence
> on Belle and Sebastian. Sample lyric - "ah
> what's your name?
> - yeah mine's that too! " And that's just the
> tip of a very
> ample iceberg of lyrical genius. One of my
> favourite groups
> ever. Felt are a bit lacklustre in comparison,
> although I
> liked them at the time.

okay then, so just deaf then!  not meaning to be
nasty here, Peter, but honestly, it's just that,
well i can't even BEGIN to understand how someone
can say that 'Denim On Ice' is a better sounding
record than 'crumbling the antiseptic beauty'.
it's just beyond my comprehension.  then again
after a day in school there's not much that's not
beyond my comprehension.

> Lawrence is very small.

but prefectly formed.
And i DO love the fist Denim LP, before you start
saying anything... i even dropped (hey! DJ speak
for 'played') 'Robin's NEst' in our Living Room
club the other weekend... went down a storm.  ha
ha!  as did 'Supermarket'.  The Ray Keith mix on
plus 8 is a bona fide proto jungle classic.
perhaps.  two young boys from denmark indeed.

respectfully,

the duke

--
Tangents On-Line