Sinister: pasties?

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 15 20:41:23 BST 1997

> Seriously though, after turning the sleeves
> round & therefore covering
> up the barcodes with price stickers we sold only
> 20 less Belle &
> Sebastian EPs on monday than Spice Girls
> singles.  We didn't sell a
> single 12inch though.  Am I alone in wondering
> why you can't put four
> songs on a 7inch?  Or at least make the 12inch
> the same price as the
> CD single (ours are a pound dearer <- sorry
> Leslie)

well of course you CAN quite clearly fit four
songs (and even five) on a 7", but you're probably
gonna have to make it spin at 33, and it'll sound
cack most likely, and hey!  POP is about two song
7"s anyway, is it not?  In plastic bags, hand
sleeved by elves.

um, is there still a rule that you're not allowed
more than five tracks on a 12" single?  any more
and it's a (mini)LP... well that was the excuse we
used to hear back in the subway days.

nice news about the spicey grrls though.  only 20
copies more, eh?  so Belle and Seb will be number
3 then?  with a bullet. assuming here of course
that Dame Elton will be number one until hell
freezes over... and probably that won't even shift
it.

tra la la,

the duke,

who has just listened to Sha-La-La 1 (don't laugh
that man Hopkins, it was for a tape) and found
it... lacking.  ALthough i'm making a bet that the
character with the floppy bowl cut in the sleeve
story is in fact a Cloud.  Man, they had bowl cuts
to die (laughing) for.  Oh yeah, and a sneaking
suspicion that the bod copying the postcard cat
was in fact ME!  well it could have been you
know.. we did do such things in those days.  We
even made lovely wooden badges of the cat.  That
and the 'you can't hide your love' dolphin,
although those were in tin.

burbles on into his tea for hours on end...

--
Tangents On-Line
http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/

tangent at mail.zynet.co.uk