Sinister: Re: <no subject>

95516123 at xxx.uk 95516123 at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 16 14:40:12 BST 1997

In answer to all the questions about Seymour Styne, this is from the 'Ink
Poloroids' book.....

"Seymour Styne had flown in from San Francisco to take us out for dinner -
and after he had told us all kinds of stories about The Smiths and Madonna
- and told Chris he reminded him of Johnny Marr. "

This should probably be added to the FAQ as the topic keeps coming up.

My fav on the new ep has to be 'Put the book back on the shelf'.  I love
every single song B&S have released, but would anybody else agree that the
tracks on the ep's are not quite as good as those on both the albums?

>  I know this is straying off-list somewhat, but just out of interest, is
anyone going to
>  see Luna and The Pastels in Edinburgh on Friday.

I was thinking about going to this.  There's also a Stone Roses tribute
band playing Edinburgh this weekend.  Anybody going to that?

John S.

          I have an overwhwlming scepticism towards tribute bands. I
          can think of nothing sadder in the world of music than
          pretending to be someone else. Then again, Primal Scream got
          away with that for years...

          I'd definitely suggest spending your money on the
          Luna/Pastels affair.

          The Archdeacon of Pop