Sinister: Re: How are B&S doing ?

Katrina House jeepster.uk at xxx.net
Thu Oct 16 16:49:24 BST 1997

ben ferneyhough wrote:

> Katrina, is there any way you could tell us all on the list how B&S
> are doing
> in the mid-week charts (if that isn't illegal) ? Kinda curious, as
> lots of
> copies seem to be leaving the shelves in the record stores...
> Ben.
>
> Does anybody know the midweek chart position for 3..6..9?
> Have I asked that before???
>
> Peter

Umm...i don't really know if i'm allowed to say, but if you lot promise
	a) to not tell anyone I told you and
	b) everyone try their hardest to make this a hit, then

the magic number is 25!!!

We get mid-weeks everyday now for some reason, and even though 25 looks
good, the position was 17 for Monday's sales and 22 for Tuesday's.
Basically, anyone who hasn't bought the single, and wants to, PLEASE
PLEASE PLEASE do so before sales end on Saturday, as if we can get it
inside the Top 30, it seems pretty definite that B&S will be on TOTP
next Friday evening.

I'm so f***ing excited!!!  I just spoke to Isobel, and she was pretty
excited too, so let's hope this one does it.  She said that she doesn't
watch TOTP anymore, because there's never any bands on it that she
likes.  But she said that if she wasn't in B&S, and she was watching
TOTP when they came on, that she would love to find out more, and fall
in love with them.  For them to be on would definitely restore my faith
in the music industry ... can you imagine the number of people who have
never heard of this band and are (well, may be) going to see them on
National TV?  I've always said that B&S are a band that you need to hear
to fall in love with them ... HOW EXCITING!

ok, i'll stop dribbling now!

Thanks to everyone for your support ... I know the band appreciate it.

Cheers,
Katrina.