Sinister: Re: How are B&S doing ?

P. Miller / A. Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Thu Oct 16 19:34:47 BST 1997

Katrina House wrote:

> Umm...i don't really know if i'm allowed to say, but if
> you lot promise
>         a) to not tell anyone I told you and
>         b) everyone try their hardest to make this a hit,
> then
>
> the magic number is 25!!!
>
> We get mid-weeks everyday now for some reason, and even
> though 25 looks
> good, the position was 17 for Monday's sales and 22 for
> Tuesday's.
> Basically, anyone who hasn't bought the single, and wants
> to, PLEASE
> PLEASE PLEASE do so before sales end on Saturday, as if we
> can get it
> inside the Top 30, it seems pretty definite that B&S will
> be on TOTP
> next Friday evening.
>
> I'm so f***ing excited!!!  I just spoke to Isobel, and she
> was pretty
> excited too, so let's hope this one does it.  She said
> that she doesn't
> watch TOTP anymore, because there's never any bands on it
> that she
> likes.  But she said that if she wasn't in B&S, and she
> was watching
> TOTP when they came on, that she would love to find out
> more, and fall
> in love with them.  For them to be on would definitely
> restore my faith
> in the music industry ... can you imagine the number of
> people who have
> never heard of this band and are (well, may be) going to
> see them on
> National TV?  I've always said that B&S are a band that
> you need to hear
> to fall in love with them ... HOW EXCITING!
>
> ok, i'll stop dribbling now!
>
> Thanks to everyone for your support ... I know the band
> appreciate it.
>
> Cheers,
> Katrina.

Thanks for telling us. I'm excited too. Do you remember the
Tony James quotation from back when Sigue Sigue Sputnik were
going to be the saviours of rock'n'roll? Something along the
lines of "whenever I watch Top of the Pops it's like
sticking your head in the fridge hoping to find a nice can
of lager and finding it empty except for a cold fish". I
hope B&S insist on being introduced by Jimmy Saville "...now
then, now then, what have we got here, ladies and gentlemen,
what have we got? Some guys and gals from Bonnie
Scotland....it's Belle.. (puffs on cigar)..and Sebastian!
Uhohuhuhoh!!!...." Of course, it won't be complete unless
Stuart forgets the words...

Since when was TOTP on Fridays instead of Thursdays? Bloody
Tony Blair!

Peter