Sinister: Denim in the Dock

Andrew O'Sullivan aeos at xxx.com
Thu Oct 16 21:54:35 BST 1997

> I can't see how that could be. Funny maybe - I always thought Denim
> were a bit of a joke - come on, I believe they even used the two
> drummers from the Glitter Band on 'Back in Denim' for that
> 'authentic 70's feel'. Of course 'Middle of the Road' is a great
> song, but has anyone listened to their more recent offerings -
> 'Denim on Ice' etc. - utter bollocks.

My defence against anyone who suggests Denim to be in any way and at any
time rubbish is that it is simply an impossible notion, seeing as
everything they do, you can be sure, sure as the Pope's Polish [Aaaah -
clever manipulation!], that they know *exactly* what it's going to be like.
OK, if they wanted to sound *sincere* they might run into problems, but
just as long as they remain tacky and wacky, and are taking the piss out of
the 80s, with such great titles as 'Synthesizers in the Rain', they're
doing OK in my books.

*	*	*	*	*
Andrew O'Sullivan
aeos at dial.pipex.com