Sinister: Re: How are B&S doing ?

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Fri Oct 17 10:08:02 BST 1997

Since when was TOTP on Fridays instead of Thursdays? Bloody
Tony Blair!

Peter

[Keith Watson]
Tragedy, isn't it... Tomorrow's world isn't even on on a Thursday any more.... is nothing sacred.

I guess Belle and Sebastian will be on the Chart Show again on Saturday, presuming it'll be number one in the independent charts - however this weeks number 1 in the indie chart is the "Backstreet Boys" so maybe that'll stay there.

Nice Kraut Rock piece Peter, it's made me want to go out and find the Amon Duul record. I;ve only really got Can stuff (oh and all the Kraftwerk records - actually do David and Katrina work for Rough Trade, it was in that shop I bought a pile of Kraftwerk albums a few years ago when we were down for the NME Styoudent pop quiz), but a friend of mine played the first two Neu records once and they were dead good, naturally difficult to get though - one of these days perhaps.

I've been thinking about a band like B+S being on TOTP for a while now and I don't think there'll have been anything quite as different since the Roses/Mondays double header 8 years ago - excellent.

Keith.