Sinister: the voice of pessimism...

Andrew Dean Andrew.Dean at xxx.net
Fri Oct 17 14:53:19 BST 1997

>the magic number is 25!!!

>We get mid-weeks everyday now for some reason, and even
>though 25 looks good, the position was 17 for Monday's
>sales and 22 for Tuesday's.

um, i think it's going to be very close. the numbers seem to
be slipping daily and i think that's purely because of the
low stock levels that the shops are ordering. come saturday,
when i guess the bulk of a week's records are sold, you just
won't be able to find '3, 6, 9...' on the shelves anywhere
and people will have to resort to buying another copy of
that elton john record (the one that i still haven't heard
more than 20 seconds of but i guess i'm just lucky), or that
one that goes on about tangoing the foxtrot or something. or
that one which destroys 'life in a northern town'.

oh, and on ceefax this morning i noticed a list of bands on
this week's totp and b&s weren't there. can't remember who
exactly were playing but jayne middlemarch (or whatever) was
presenting. um, ceefax page 560 something for details (565 i
think), it's a sub page of the chart rundown.

um, sent both the single of the week reviews to the list
yesterday but they haven't yet appeared. curious. i'll give
it until this afternoon and re-send them. i was also about
to start transcribing the tour diary and sending it here a
bit at a time (to build up the tension or something, or
because i can't be arsed to type it all in in one go). but
i'll leave that for the time being too...

oh, katrina, got laura's mail. ta. it was actually paul that
was enquiring but i need the info too so... have given her
his address.

oh paul, i gave laura your address...

andy
dipsy: "wassat?"